[Fwd: A new IDE for a new milleneum :-)]

Christian Couder chcouder at club-internet.fr
Sun Apr 1 16:03:07 UTC 2001

Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Christian Couder wrote:
> >
> > Those 'other editors' already exists : KWrite/Kant/Kate, Emacs or
> > XEmacs, vim or KVim, KFTE and so on.
>
> Oh, come one, you know very well that these are standalone
> editors and not embeddable components. And I find it really
> funny that the kant people propose to use the kant part when
> they are not even using it themselves!

Well, I am using XEmacs myself instead of KDevelop for most of the stuff
I write even for KDevelop.
What is it supposed to mean ?

For me it means only that one of the first thing we should try to do is
make it possible to use other editors.

If your IDE makes it harder to come to this goal, why would I support it
?

> Ief you give me an embedabble emacs component with an
> interface that has everything kwrite has, I'll
> give you an emacs-enabled kdevelop in 10 minutes.

You know it doesn't exists so you take no risk by saying this...

Now could you integrate Kant/Kate in ten minutes ?

And even if you could, then why did you say in a previous mail that "the
buffer/view semantics are very much integrated in the Core class" ?

Bye,
Christian.

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«