Back home again

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Thu Sep 28 19:41:40 UTC 2000

Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> > just got back home last night after a beautiful holiday to Scotland. I
> > can only advise everyone to make a trip to Scotland if you want to meet
> > nice and interesting people as well as a beautiful landscape.
>
> Well, after two years of Ireland I wouldn't mind making holiday
> in a place where you can watch the sunset without risking to get
> a cold :-) So this can wait a bit...
>
> Anyway, if you have problems meeting the real world again I recommend
> you read the book 'Round Ireland with a fridge' by Tony Hawks and
> watch the movie 'Waking Ned Devine'.

;-) well, I´ll stick with Braveheart and Rob Roy as far as Scotland goes
;-)
I had some rain but mostly only during the night and as I stayed in
youth hostels exept one night (which was one where it rained but I was
in a tent with a german woman I met at a youth hostel the night before-
but this is a totally different story...) I really can´t complain at
all. Generally I just met the two weeks a year where the weather was
bright and clear although in the highlands it can change any minute.
Besides the weather the scottish people are really nice. One offered me
to stay at his family´s house for a week in case I want to come to
Scotland again and they´ll show me around - only after having some pints
of beer together at a pub with scottish live music. Well, I could talk
for hours right now, I´ll probably make a website of my holiday when the
pictures are developed ;-)

Bernd, I forwarded you the reservation from TT for next week.

Ralf

--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org