Problems with KDevelop2

Ralf Funken RFunken at KDevelop.de
Fri Sep 22 09:01:41 UTC 2000

Moin Falk ,
> Several times I had also problems with getting KDevelop run. Also such
> problems we get from time to time as "bug reports". But somehow I solved
> it each time with a complete rebuild of KDE2 (kdesupport, kdelibs and
> kdebase) and KDevelop from cvs.
That's really bad. I installed KDE 2 completely from rpms. That means I have to
checkout all that stuff, compile and install it, that's half a day wasted :-(

> An interesting effect was also: Starting a new-built KDevelop on KDE1
> didn't work (the same as happened on you) but starting from KDE2 did
> work.
Yesterday I tested a picture viewer I wrote in JAVA/AWT to prepare for my exam and I
had to rewrite part of the code, because automatically scaling the main frame to
picture size didn't work any more. It did with Windows 95, 98, NT, Gnome, Failsafe and
KDE1 but not with KDE2. The same effect quite some time ago on gnome/enlightment made
me LOL, but I'm not laughing now.

> I think it's a problem deep down in the kdelibs (a lib
> loader or anything else, who knows...)
I thought this is the FINAL Beta. I can't believe this never happened before. By now
there's only one system that I can think of when it comes to unpredictably loading and
segfaulting. Hope we won't have another one of those in a few weeks!!

Ralf

--
Ralf Funken

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

Email: RFunken at kdevelop.de
PGP KeyID 0x06A3652D
Key fingerprint = A3 42 AC 8C 9A 54 6E DF  3F 2C 9E AB 10 2F 9E 3D