editor part

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Sun Sep 10 21:20:44 UTC 2000

I've taken a short look at the editor part and was quite surprised that
it loads a nested KTextEditor. A potential problem I see here is that
the editor part needs to have a deep knowledge about the editor itself
(for the breakpoint/bookmark bar). First, it certainly needs the font
size - not a problem I guess. But then it also assumes that the line
number is linear in the y coordinate. This is not the case for
folding editors. It isn't even the case for editors who wrap around
lines longer than the window, e.g. emacs.

An alternative may be to implement the breakpoint bar directly in the
editor. As kvim seems to be the only kwrite replacement in sight
(from hearsay), the interesting question is whether it already
supports something like this?

Bernd.