Warning ...

Christian Couder christian at alcove.fr
Mon Sep 4 08:44:35 UTC 2000

John Birch wrote:

> ... I've just merged my experimental editor code into the main cvs tree. :-)
>
> This uses a modified version of kwrite part so I had to add the current
> ktexteditor and kwrite code to our cvs tree to make local modifications.
> Don't worry - the libs have different names so we don't conflict with the
> current kde 2.0 tree. I removed the now redundent kwrite directory.
>
> Things to note
> .. It's experimental - modify, throw away and replace to your hearts desire.
> .. It only just works - See -1 above
> .. The Icon border is a "nice" yellow  (debugging repaints) - see -2 above
> .. It may cause a segfault on exiting kdevelop - see -3 above
> .. see -4 above
> .. Doing the editor stuff doesn't really excite me - I'll hack on it to get
> what I want for the debugger and fix bugs if people want, but it could really
> do with someone who enjoys this - anybody?

Hi John,

I agree with Simon, it's great !

Thanks for having done this.
I think I couldn't have done it before monthes.
I enjoy a lot making small improvements but not much big redesign or big
improvements like you do, so I will be happy to make small improvements in the
editor stuff.

Bye,

Christian COUDER christian at alcove.fr
Ingénieur Informatique Libre