Heureka ! I´ve got it !

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Tue Oct 17 21:25:04 UTC 2000

Hi guys,

after spending a *whole* day and probably a few weeks before I found the
error for the KDE 2 normal templates not working !!!
Seems that the linker flags are responsible for that. the default
-lkfile -lkdeui etc. cause a wrong linking stage probably. I took Kurt´s
kapptemplate to have a look if that works which it did. Finally I
replaced the Makefile.am and the difference was that LD_ADD only takes
$(LIB_KFILE) and that´s it ! Then the template works fine and starts.
The only thing which I couldn´t find out technically is that when I only
*add* $(LIB_KFILE) to the linker options dialog (where it gets inserted
first into LD_ADD line) the app crashes again with the same png call
error.  So how can we treat this best to prevent somebody from using a
false linking when selecting a lib in the linker options beside the
default setting by kappwizard - which means there is absolutely no lib
checked. Should we add a messagebox or something there ? Any other
options ?

Thanks,

Ralf

PS: sorry I´ve been a bit rude the last days but I´ve been searching
this error for *ages* and combined to KDE2´s kcminit crashing my laptop
all of the time since last week (which wasn´t fun if you want to show
the newest KDE2 on an exhibition like in Oldenburg) really set me on the
edge of being a patient person...;-) but now everything´s fine again !
Hooooraaaaay !!!

(I think I´ll need a bottle of wine right now - haven´t any beer left
;-)
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org