Patch: Stops kdevelop looping on startup

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 12:23:10 UTC 2000

John Birch wrote:

> This patch fixes kdevelop looping when starting, but I'm not sure why the
> original didn't work.
>
> I'm posting this because I'm hoping someone may be able to explain what the
> problem is (I suspect some am_edit magic doesn't like this sort of thing) and
> to warn you that this _may_ require you to cvs-clean kdeui directory to get
> it to compile due to moc problems (I had some but it could have been caused
> by my testing to find what the problem was)
>
> If there's no objections I'll commit (my) tomorrow.

QT Designer does in $QTDIR/tools/designer/designer/mainwindow.cpp:
--------------------------------
#if defined(HAVE_KDE)
#define QMainWindow KMainWindow
#endif

class MainWindow : public QMainWindow
{
    Q_OBJECT

#undef QMainWindow
--------------------------------

I added the same style of code to KDockMainWindow (kdeui/kdockwidget.h):
--------------------------------
#ifndef NO_KDE2
#define QMainWindow KMainWindow
#endif

class KDockMainWindow : public QMainWindow
{
  Q_OBJECT

#undef QMainWindow

But this caused kdevelop to start looping on the show() method. Waldo says
that moc will not be able to find the KMainWindow signals, so this will cause
the problem.

So we wonder how designer can work 'cause it uses slots, too.

Bye,
  F at lk