install problem

Ralf Funken rfunken at web.de
Fri Nov 24 05:41:48 UTC 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Falk Brettschneider" <gigafalk at yahoo.com>
To: <kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2000 1:06 AM
Subject: Re: install problem

> Hi,
>
> Tony Dimos wrote:
> >
> > I downloaded the packgage untared it and tried to run the configure
script.
> > It ran for a while then it crashed with an error
> >
> > "configure error . Qt <>1.42 and <2.0> (libraries) not found.
> >
> > However I have the qt-1.44 and qt-2.01 libraries from the installation
of
> > linux 6.2.
> Did you add $QTDIR/lib to the list of libraries pathes?
>
> Set this in your shell configuration file:
>  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$QTDIR/lib
>  export LIBRARY_PATH=$LIBRARY_PATH:$QTDIR/lib
>
> Now KDevelop can find the library.
>
> The same is probably for your KDEDIR.

If you are using RH 6.2 then QTDIR points to the qt-2.01beta by default. You
can check this by entering echo $QTDIR.
If it point to qt2 you can either change it permanently in
/etc/profile.d/qt.sh (not sure about the profile.d) or enter export
QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-1.45 prior to configure
or use a switch configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt-1.45 .

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«