KDevelop 1.3 release

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Tue Nov 21 12:54:33 UTC 2000

On Montag, 20. November 2000 17:19, you wrote:

> Licence? (L)GPL-based KDevelop can use a commercial Qt Windows version for
> free?
> ??? I _very_ _doubt_ that it is done in 4 weeks...
Yes, KDevelop 1.3 has an _old_ code base and porting would be very difficult.
Maybe Bernd can share some experiences?

> I vote for stopping the development at KDevelop-1.x. IMO the best is we
> finish the 1.3 features only.

I absolutely agree!! It's ok if someone want's to port KDevelop1.3 to other
platforms: KDE2,MS Windows or maybe OS/2, but I think we have only a few
resources and in my opionion we shouldn't waste it.
Everyone who have ever coded for KDevelop1.1 and later knows that we have
reached a point where KDevelop1.x isn't maintainable anymore. Please accept
this.
In my opinion we should concentrate our effort on KDevelop2. (maybe with the
help of some companies)

Ciao!
Sandy

--
Until he extends the circle of compassion to all living things,
man will not himself find peace. (Albert Schweitzer)

-