Complete Manuals Book

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.de
Wed May 17 09:21:07 UTC 2000

On Tue, 16 May 2000 you wrote:
> >%_Hi to all,
>
> as some of you already know, I'm working on the follow up of the book that was
> published by OpenDocs last time 'Developing Linux Applications' (Or to be more
> precise, I converted the whole stuff, edited and compiled the TeX files ... you
> know what I mean).
>
> Now, the point which is of interest here, is that this started a discussion
> about licensing between Joshua Drake, Ralf Nolden and me and I'd like all of
> you to take part in it. To give you a starting point, here's what's been said
> until now (Sorry the disussion via phone hasn't been filed on tape :-)) )

I agree that we should choose an other license for the documentation than GPL.
As far as I know there exists 3 "good" licenses for documentation.  For more
information please visit
"http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html#DocumentationLicenses" ,if you
don't know it already :-). The Free Software Foundation recommed 2 licenses:
"GNU Free Documentation License" and "Open Publication License". In my opinion
we should chosse one of them and change our license (I think we must increase
the version number for this).

Please don't give Joshua the "exclusive Commercial Printing Rights", but as
I understand you this wasn't a question for you . :-)

Ciao!
Sandy

--
email: smeier at kdevelop.de  ICQ: 27681958