[Fwd: kdevelop.cpp]

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Tue Jun 27 11:21:30 UTC 2000

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, John Birch wrote:

> Hmmm,
>
> Interesting.
>
> I have intended to put all the debugger into a part and have it create the
> dockwidgets, attaching them to a dockwidget supplied by kdevelop. And in fact
> that's what I have, except that it isn't hooked up and isn't complete (it
> could be commited, though)

Hmm, the current approach relies on each part having at most 1 widget.
You can have several parts in one library (that's the case for example
for libkdevoutputviews), but they don't know about each other.

Perhaps one could have one "controller part" which is created first
when the user chooses Debug from the menus. The debugger library
then provides a reimplementation of KParts::Factory::createPart()
which casts the parent argument to a controller part, so that
each created debugger part can communicate with the controller part.

Bernd.