[Fwd: kdevelop.cpp]

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.de
Tue Jun 27 07:19:48 UTC 2000

Hmmm,

Interesting.

I have intended to put all the debugger into a part and have it create the
dockwidgets, attaching them to a dockwidget supplied by kdevelop. And in fact
that's what I have, except that it isn't hooked up and isn't complete (it
could be commited, though)

Falk, are you saying that this won't work? And if so, why not? It would be a
shame if we cannot allow parts to create their own dockwidgets.

Bernd, when I said that each part knows only about it's own actions you asked
about actions like newfile, slotProjectNewAppl etc. What was the problem with
these?

jbb

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Falk Brettschneider wrote:
> > > Hi Bernd,
> > >
> > > I inserted code to kdevelop.cpp and you simply disable and bridge it in
> > > cvs. This is not the fine English way-of-life. ;-(
> >
> > Hmm, I bridged it because it is necessary to get parts
> > running. You hardcoded names of objects. This is neither
> > necessary nor wanted in the KParts approach.
>
> It is necessary to indicate the incoming QWidgets and put them to the right
> appropriate KDockWidget. You know, we don't want to use the special widgets
> types, just class QWidget in kdevelop.cpp. Every view is embedded in a
> certain dockwidget, also defined by the previous application session.

(snip all the interesting stuff)