KDockMainWindow should get new parents!

John Birch John.Birch at xtra.co.nz
Sat Jun 17 21:05:53 UTC 2000

On Sun, 18 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > John Birch wrote:
> > > PS: I tried it out - it seems to work well :-)
> >
> > Ok, Falk - can you sort that out with Simon and put the stuff together ?
>
> Just to get sure: Do you mean?:
>
> namespace KPart
> {
>    class MainWindow : public KTMainWindow, virtual public PartBase
>     class DockMainWindow : public KDockMainWindow, public MainWindow

No
class DockMainWindow : public KDockMainWindow, public Partbase
I see in a later mail that's what you're doing anyway

I emailed my files to you, but unfortunately I used the wrong address. :(
Good job I don't have write access to kde-core-devel mailing list. Sorry
about that.

I would keep everything in mainwindow.h and .cpp and use the
MainWindowPrivate class. This would help to ensure that changes to MainWindow
will be applied to DockMainWindow at the same time.

jbb