KDockMainWindow should get new parents!

Ralf Nolden Ralf.Nolden at post.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Jun 17 08:36:40 UTC 2000

John Birch wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
> You'll have to merge the current KParts::MainWindow functionality (and API)
> into this new class, but that doesn't look too hard to do.
That would be one possiblity but we have to stay always in sync when the
KParts::MainWindow interface/implementation changes which is not the
best option- it would mean we have the same situation we had with KWrite
code but then within kdelibs. Why not inheriting DockMainWindow directly
from KParts::MainWindow ?
Everything else seems nonsense as we need the functionality of both
classes but without too much overhead and trouble for the future.

Ralf
--
Maintainer's Motto: If we can't fix it, it ain't broke.

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

Email: rnolden at kdevelop.de