class KDevelop

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 07:52:31 UTC 2000

Sandy Meier wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Fri, 16 Jun 2000 you wrote:
> > Hi,
> > > How about multiple inheritance ? DockMainwindow and KParts::MainWindow
> > > both inherit KTMainWindow so I think it´s worth a try ?
> > Aha!
> > Sounds good. :-)
> > Then I could at least try to redirect the inheritance and "insert"
> > KParts::MainWindow between DockMainWindow and KTMainWindow... stay
> > tuned...
>
> This isn't possible because QObject doesn't allow multiple Inheritance. :-( In
> my opinion the only solution would be to have an own KDockMainWindow in KDevelop
> which overwrite the KDE one and inherit from KPart::MainWindow.

If I understood right there is:

CKDevelop--inherits-->DockMainWindow--inherits-->KTMainWindow<--inherits--KPart::MainWindow

So it _could_ be easy to reinherit in this way:

CKDevelop--inherits-->DockMainWindow--inherits-->KPart::MainWindow--inherits-->KTMainWindow

--

Ciao,
--Falk

"A cold night, my breath turns into ice / The long track to this holy
place starts now /
 The bright moon shines above the trees / I don't feel well 'cause it's
me who died /
 ... / This is my funeral procession"
(Dreadful Shadows, "Estrangement", 1994)