class KDevelop

Ralf Nolden Ralf.Nolden at post.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Jun 14 22:28:42 UTC 2000

John Birch wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, you wrote:

> I think we should use KParts throughout - rather than the current C++
> plugins. The overhead seems to be small, and with the UI merging and XML
> support should give us good control of the UI for a lot less work.
Agreed. That´s the point. And a good new structure for the UI will make
implementing stuff like plugins much more painless than it would be now
plus we have a clean structure that would allow adaptations of KDevelop
like Quanta or other apps which could need that which is almost
impossible with a very tight corset of old implementations.

> But I'm still taking baby steps with KParts yet :-), I need to experiment
> further.
Me too, but I´m learning by doing ;-)
--
Maintainer's Motto: If we can't fix it, it ain't broke.

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

Email: rnolden at kdevelop.de