Kdevelop base design (was Re: file views)

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jul 7 14:49:23 UTC 2000

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Falk Brettschneider wrote:

> In the main program. Qextmdimainfrmview is only for managing the views and the
> 'Window' menu in a KDE-like way . That's why I already asked you about the design of
> the main program where the document manager must work and the core control works which
> connects all parts.

Hmmm, maybe then it shouldn't implement KDevComponent but a different
interface (which could be quite minimalistic I think)? Perhaps
you can write it down :-)

BTW, what I said about the other components was not 100% right:
The main program needs to know which component starts the
compiler and which one the program, as it doesn't make sense
if several components start the compiler at once :-) I
think the simplest way to achieve this is to mark them
with a property in their .desktop file.

Bernd.