Kdevelop base design (was Re: file views)

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 13:26:01 UTC 2000

Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Falk Brettschneider wrote:
> >
> > That's why qextmdimainfrmview is a KPart. I considered to make it configurable to
> > use another plugin for the MDI-views space, probably dockwidget-oriented as John
> > Birch prefers (an emulated KDEStudio ;-).
>
> Where lies the responsibility for maintaining a list of document
> (e.g. kwrite) and browser parts and activating them? In the
> qext... part or in the main program?

In the main program. Qextmdimainfrmview is only for managing the views and the
'Window' menu in a KDE-like way . That's why I already asked you about the design of
the main program where the document manager must work and the core control works which
connects all parts.

--

Ciao,
--Falk

 "I'm close to you and take your hand / You trust in me but I wouldn't feel safe /
  a vampire's heart can't abstain from loving you to death"
  (Dreadful Shadows, "Beyond the maze", 1998)