Bug #2552

Benoit Cerrina benoit.cerrina at writeme.com
Sun Jan 23 16:27:08 UTC 2000

Hi,
thanks for the traduction, here are my comments,

> First bug reported
> -------------
> Crash when adding existing files.
> He tried 10 times and kdevelop crashed three times, once after 10 files had
> been added successfully, twice right after the first file. He could't find any
> circumstances under which the error is reproducable regularly. The project was
> always terminal,C,with CVS and without any additional choices (no docs, readme
> a.s.o.) The file that caused the error had been copied to the project dir, was
> OK but hadn't been added to the project. A second try with the same file
> succeeded.

this has been reported many times, I haven't been able to reproduce it on
purpose, but of course every time I have a real set of files to add it happens,
this is very annoying but I don't have any idea about what to do about it.

> Second Bug
> ---------
> This is actually a description of Bug #2481
> (verical scrollbars not visible in translated versions. My workaround works but
> he has to manually resize the tab on every start to make the scrollbar visible.
> You know that the tabwidth is frozen then, because the frames still overlap.)

> Class Viewer
> ----------
> Given the following:
> while (bedingung) {
> tue_irgendwas;
> #ifdef DEBUG
> debug_var += interessanter_wert;
> }
> zeige_debug_var();
> #else
> }
> #endif
>
> He says the while is displayed as function ( I couldn't reproduce that, for me
> it works OK)
>
> Second example:
>
> * in blabla.h
>
> #define voidp void*
>
> void sinnvolle_function(voidp p);
>
> * in blabla.c
>
> void sinvolle_function(void* p) /* #define voidp not recognized */
> {
> }}
>
> Function sinnvolle_function is displayed twice ( That's true for me, too)

there is a Bugs file in the distribution at the end of it there is a list of
unimplemented feature not considered to be bugs, the first one is
"- The classparser does no macro expansion"
this explains it.
My thought on this is that this will never be implemented since it would never
be fast enough, looking at comercial IDEs, I haven't seen one which can do it.
In any case I'd say the workaround is to either
	1) be more carefull with the way you use macros, the function
declaration example and the definition could use the same macro and the } could
be out of the conditional (I'm sure the problem is not with this macro but with
an earlier one which did the same type of things)
	2) do not use the classviewer or be prepared to handle strange results

I'm sorry but this is the price to pay when developping for a language with
macro expansion.

> structures in CV
> -----------
> typedef struct sinnlos {
> union {
> int a;
> int b;
> } a_b;
> union {
> int c;
> int d;
> } c_d;
> } sinnlos;
>
> #define A a_b.a
> #define B a_b.b
> #define C c_d.c
> #define D c_d.d
>

> `sinnlos' isn't displayed, instead  `a_b', but not `c_d' are displayed.
> ( Same for me )

this is a real bug I'll take a look at it

> Properties in LFV
> -------------
> Input line 'filter' doesn't scroll correctly. Cursor disappears but text isn't
> scrolled. Besides input writes over border of input box.
> (Nothing wrong for me there. Everything works like it should)

same here

> Wishes
> ------
>
> #ifndef __filename_h
> #define __filename_h
>
> #endif
> should be inserted in header files automatically.
> ( Well, it is for c++, but not for c code. But while checking this I recognized
> something which is wrong. If you have a C projekt you can create new
> classes, which is obviously nonsense.)
>
> Assembler mode with syntax highlighting and wide tabs.
>
> Auto indention ( is in the editor already)

what would be nice is a way to configure the Auto Indention behavior.

> --
> Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature file to help me
> spread!

Bye Ben
--
Benoit Cerrina