Printing documentation & KDE 2 frame apps (part2)

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 14:05:15 UTC 2000

Hi Ralf,

Ralf Nolden wrote:

> Oh, that's ok. I think QextMDI is something for the advanced.
Yes, for toplevel-MDI like MSOffice2000 or Unix-like applications,
Furthermore for dual-monitor work or multiple displays, as well.

> I'm having
> a lot to do to get a good looking, bug-free real MDI with doc-view model
> frameapp with QWorkspace. I'm fine with another template for QextMDI as
> well.
After all there is already something like a template for QextMDI. It's
the example application MDIFrameWork of QextMDI package. The only thing
to do is to replace the hard-coded names with template variables.

> Stephan: I have added a qt2 template and did the implementation for
> functionality. Just set the path to the qt2 dir in kdevelop-setup and
> create your qt2.x frameapp !! For KDE I have a slight problem because I
> cannot set the kde-dir with configure args,
That's definitely the problem when I try to call ./configure from within
KDevelop1.0 when developing for KDE2. :-( Maybe this menuitem could
start a shell script that temporarily exports KDEDIR, QTDIR,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LIBRARY_PATH.

--

Ciao,
--Falk