question

Sandy Meier smeier at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Jan 13 19:20:02 UTC 2000

Am Thu, 13 Jan 2000 schrieb margus:
> i had problem compiled the sorce and i want to ask what version the
> libjpeg must be
> when i compile the kde him self  because the error was in libkimago.

You need version 61 or  62. The following text is from the FAQ.
You can also search the mailinglist archive for further information
regarding libjpeg.

---------------------
Q: I get the message: "Wrong JPEG library version: library is 61, caller expects 62 "

A:  There are 2 ways.

        1. : When the kdelibs are installed it installs header files for the
        jpeg libraries, these are version 61,  however most distributions
        (Redhat) use version 62 libraries. To fix  this just remove jpeglib.h
        from /opt/kde/include. The pukka include  file for version 62 should
        then be picked up. However looking at the  error message above it may
        be the other way round, in any case ensure  you only have on version
        of the header file, the library and that  they are consistent.

        It is useful to use the locate command to verify that I have
        the correct version of a library and header files e.g.
        updatedb
        locate libjpeg
        locate jpeglib

        2: You must recompiled kdesupport without jpeg
        library (configure --with-libjpeg --with-libgif).

Ciao!
Sandy
--
email: smeier at rz.uni-potsdam.de  ICQ: 27681958