LFV Sorting

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Dec 31 10:55:40 UTC 2000

John Birch wrote:

> Just want to say that this sounds like a good idea.
>
> But I also disagree with the bit about not wanting to look for bugs but
> invent stuff. I've spent most of my time on kdevelop investigating not only
> bugs but problems people have in getting kdevelop to run. I know Walter's
> also done a tremendous amount of bug fixing as well.
>
> The _really_ disheartening thing is after spending several hours helping
> someone fix something on their machine  they disappear back into the
> woodwork. I feel like I should advertise that I'm only willing to help if
> they do something for kdevelop in return. (sigh)
Heh, didn´t want to say we´re not willing to look for bugs and help
others, that´s what we had to do until now but we get some help and we
can concentrate more on features than searching for bugs- we can
delegate the bugfixing a bit more than to do everything on our own. With
helping other people to get their system to work that´s true for
everyone of us of course - I now only recommend to install SuSE if
anything goes too wrong because SuSE is causing the least troubles in
setting up a working environment, just think of htdig and such. With 1.3
I already am in touch with the one at suse who´s doing the packaging so
that kdevelop 1.3 works perfect on the next SuSE 7.1 distro ;-)

> Still, every now and then someone comes along who actually _is_ helpful.
> That's you, Ralf Funken :-)
Yes, and now Ivan ;-) I think as we now support KDE2 with 1.4 only,
we´ll probably get more help. Also thanks to Simon and Richard taking
some care ;-)

> Happy New Millennium - Oh shit, 11:15 - gotta go :-)
He, it´s still noon here ! I´ve got 12 more hours to go for the *real*
millenium turn ;-)

> PS
> Tell them to forget about the statusbar problems - that works well enough.
> Get them to fix the KHTMLSettings - On my screen the text is too small to
> read unless I'm 10cm from it :(
Shit, I forgot about that. I think I´ll do that this afternoon probably
if the TV doesn´t offer better alternatives LOL

Guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr ;-)

Ralf

--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org