LFV Sorting

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.org
Sun Dec 31 10:21:18 UTC 2000

On Sun, 31 Dec 2000 22:13, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> John Birch wrote:
> > On Sun, 31 Dec 2000 11:06, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > > I added some stuff at the kde meeting yesterday and today. The
> > > statusbar looks a bit better but not correct. Simon and I tried for
> > > over 2 hours to get the hints correct but it doesn´t work so it´s
> > > probably a bug in Qt. We had a look at qprogressbar.cpp, qstatusbar.cpp
> > > and kstatusbar.cpp with no result ;-(
> >
> > hehe - could've saved you the 2hrs. It's definately a problem in code
> > other than kdevelop. Your changes make it look not too bad though :-)
>
> ;-) Well, fortunately there´s a new project going on called BugCops.
> Karl-Heinz Zimmer had the idea and is now setting up a webpage for that.
> It´s intended to get full-time developers who want to contribute in
> their little free time to programs like ours with bugfixes because we
> really don´t want to look for bugs but invent stuff ;-). The first app
> they want to help fixing is KDevelop and Karl-Heinz will start with the
> statusbar bug next week ;-)

Just want to say that this sounds like a good idea.

But I also disagree with the bit about not wanting to look for bugs but
invent stuff. I've spent most of my time on kdevelop investigating not only
bugs but problems people have in getting kdevelop to run. I know Walter's
also done a tremendous amount of bug fixing as well.

The _really_ disheartening thing is after spending several hours helping
someone fix something on their machine  they disappear back into the
woodwork. I feel like I should advertise that I'm only willing to help if
they do something for kdevelop in return. (sigh)

Still, every now and then someone comes along who actually _is_ helpful.
That's you, Ralf Funken :-)

Happy New Millennium - Oh shit, 11:15 - gotta go :-)

jbb

PS
Tell them to forget about the statusbar problems - that works well enough.
Get them to fix the KHTMLSettings - On my screen the text is too small to
read unless I'm 10cm from it :(

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«