Syntax Highlighting

Ivan Hawkes linuxgroupie at ivanhawkes.com
Sat Dec 30 12:51:36 UTC 2000

On Saturday 30 December 2000  2:40 am, you wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Dec 2000 10:55, Ivan Hawkes wrote:
> > Hey there guys,
> >
> > just a quick note to let you know the syntax highlighting feature is not
> > working properly in version 1.4 of the IDE. I suspect it was the
> > optimisation someone was speaking about a few weeks back. When you jump
> > into a code block that is commented out, it appears as if it's not
> > commented.
>
> Yes, this is to be expected.

I can live with it ;-> It's pretty obvious why it's happening, and although
it will catch a few of the younger programmers, it shouldn't phase the older
ones. Maybe a fix for the version 2 software?

> > Aside from
> > that, I have been giving version 1.4 a pounding the last few days, and
> > it's reasonably solid. I'm not doinf anything too punishing, just in mid
> > dev. cycle, so I'm not hitting the templates or anything, but generally,
> > it works well.
>
> That's good to hear, but "reasonably" solid? Anything specific? I know of
> only one problem that can cause a crash but no data is lost. (probably
> there are others).

I should have said...no actual crashes at all...it's rock solid in that
respect. There were a couple of niggling little things - mostly to do with
cut and paste, stuff like that, but nothing that would stop a release. It's
probably time to put this beast to rest...get on with the new version.

> And the KHTMLSettings are not done. However, I have limited energy left -
> it would be good if another could look into doing this. It can't be that
> difficult, (even though it looked pretty weird stuff to me...)

Just leave it...version 2 is where all the energy should be directed now
(although alpha sorting the file lists would be bloody great, I might add
that in if nobody objects). I was able to productively use it for some heavy
sessions in the last week, and it ran well. My point being, it's good enough
to keep the kiddies programming and to provide a platform for us to complete
the next series.

> jbb
>
> PS I'm assuming you're using the latest cvs version.

I sure am :-)

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«