KDevelop2.0 Java support, progress report

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 20 18:08:42 UTC 2000

On Wednesday 13 December 2000 14:34, Sandy Meier wrote:
> I think implementing multilanguage support (in one project) would be
> difficult and most of the user wouldn't need this. I think the KDevelop2
> framework will be complex enough, so is this really nessesary?

I've got my Java parser in 'javasupport' working with a single language per
project. I will upload it to the KDevelop site after the Christmas break - I've
have one or two things to do yet, but it's looking good. I agree we should try
and get single language support working first - I've been using Objective-C
with a similar restriction for a year or so, and haven't found class name
clashes to be a problem. I have worked out how I think the per language scope
path display should work in the class browser.

I have generated JNI bindings for over 260 Qt classes, and have a patch for the
uic tool to generate Java code (please find attached the Java code generated
for the KDevelop App wizard .ui file). I have about 400+ KDE classes compiled
for Java, but not the corresponding C++ JNI binding code yet (circa 3 days
work). It would be nice to be able to give Borland and JBuilder a run for their
money in the new year...

Have a good holiday everyone
-- Richard