kdevelop2.0

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Thu Dec 14 13:41:06 UTC 2000

Hi!
> On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> > 'Add method' menu item). So you must have several class stores and
> > you must be able to distinguish them. It's possible to extend the
> > framework in this way. It's possible to extend other frameworks in
> > this way. But you will never get support for that automagically
> > in either of them.
>
> I think different languages can put their stuff into the same class store
> if you were to have special (ie hidden from the user) top level namespaces
> for each language, eg '_java.', _objc.' and none for C++. With different
> class stores, I would expect it might be harder to design the UI so that
> you can browse different languages at the same time

I think implementing multilanguage support (in one project) would be
difficult and most of the user wouldn't need this. I think the KDevelop2
framework will be complex enough, so is this really nessesary?

Just my 2 (euro)cents. :-)

Ciao!
Sandy

--
Until he extends the circle of compassion to all living things,
man will not himself find peace. (Albert Schweitzer)

-