KDevelop 2.0 Objective-c support, progress report

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 13 22:55:13 UTC 2000

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, you wrote:
> On Sonntag, 10. Dezember 2000 14:32, you wrote:
> > I've spent today getting Objective-C working with KDevelop 2.0. I have
> > added a KDE Objective-C ProjectSpace kpart, and an Objective-C appwizard
> > plugin. It now parses Objective-C source and header files, and they appear
> > ok in the class browser. I left the 'programmingLanguage()' attribute of
> > the project space to "C++", so Objective-C can just use the standard GNU
> > compiler and linker without needing to change anything.
>
> Great news! Would be nice to have Objective-C plugins for KDevelop2.:-)
Yes, but my build of KDevelop 2.0 doesn't bring the source files from a
template into a new project for either C++ or Objective-C. I haven't looked into
what's going wrong yet.- perhaps permissions are wrong in the template tar
files or something.

I've implemented Objective-C as an extension to the cppsupport part -
otherwise I would have to copy and paste the C/C++ parser into a part called
objcsupport. It is difficult to subclass a flex tokenizer - you can only add to
an existing grammar or replace it altogether. This might be controversial (no
problem!) - so I think it would be a good idea if I make a patch when it works a
little better, so that people can review the design - and not check the code
straight in.

I'm currently doing a javasupport part in the style of the cppsupport part.
I've ripped out the C++ specific stuff, and have got as far as compiling it. I
now need to add the Java specific parsing and tokens. I think it's easiest to
see if the muliple language support framework works well by trying to implement
...multiple languages.

-- Richard

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«