kdevelop2.0

Ivan Hawkes linuxgroupie at ivanhawkes.com
Sun Dec 10 22:12:04 UTC 2000

On Sunday 10 December 2000  9:31 pm, you wrote:
> John Birch wrote:
> > It would be good if the framework could deal in this concept without the
> > details - perhaps something like
> >
> > void getData(KDataEvent* data);
> >
> > and subclassing the KDataEvent to the special knowledge required.
>
> It's not bad to have a set of basic "events".
> ...additionally to that general "KDataEvent" base class which I
> understood that it is the transmission medium and which must be casted
> on receiver site to a certain "event", right?

I would tend to agree with what I have heard from John on the component
interfaces. These should be well defined at the outset, and have a very
limited number of features. If you are looking to build a system that others
can build upon then you need to ensure the coupling between system features
is kept as minimal as possible.

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«