kdevelop1.4 (aka kdevelop1.3port)

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.org
Wed Dec 6 22:54:26 UTC 2000

On Thu, 07 Dec 2000 11:48, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> John Birch wrote:
> > > Yes, I thought about that, too. Well, replacing it with designer is
> > > another thing. We could just leave out the switch button and menu entry
> > > and throw the dialog editor out.
> >
> > Good, I'll remove the dialog editor. I'll leave the button in and do a
> > KRun(whateverTheSyntaxIsToRunQtDesigner) when someone presses that
> > button. can removed if we don't like it later. (You wouldn't believe how
> > much this simplifies the port :-)
> >
> > > Ahh...and yes, I´d like to have the patch, please ;)
> >
> > Should be in you in-box now...
>
> Got it, thanks.
>
> BTW: seems kdevelop is much slower now in the port than the original KDE
> 1 version. Well, still needs some cleanup but the speed really worries
> me.

Yes - same here - but with one very noticable exception - the debugger works
_much_ _much_ faster :-) The "switch between files and clipboard and process"
problem isn't a problem on my machine (at the moment).

The speed decrease is quite interesting since the code is a port ... hmmm

jbb

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«