What's the command line?

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Dec 6 22:23:37 UTC 2000

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Ivan Hawkes wrote:
> I'm entering the following command to bring my files up to date:
>
> cvs up kdevelop

In general, you should use 'cvs up -dP', or put 'update -dP' in
your .cvsrc.

> but I get a lot of file names with question marks next to them...mostly
> makefiles, and I'm not so sure these are the latest files. They probably are.

Files with question marks are not in the repository.

> What is the tag you guys are working on currently? I hear you're using 2.1,
> but the tag name is not written anywhere. Do I use:
>
> cvs up kdevelop -r head

If you have not checked out a different branch (or updated to a
different branch) before, just use 'cvs up' and you always get
HEAD. Yes, it's HEAD with capital letters. If you have been on
a different branch before, use 'cvs up -A'.

Bernd.

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«