I'm back :-)

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Tue Aug 15 16:35:03 UTC 2000

Hi!

Am Die, 15 Aug 2000 schrieben Sie:
> > I would prefer this way (3 seperate dialogs), because these 3
> > languages are _really_  different in options and sourcecode generation. Another
> > advantage would be smaller memory usage as the dialogs contain no "if,else
> > stuff" to handle the different dialects.
>
> Hmm, for the dialogs this may indeed be cleaner. But what
> about the tokenizer and parser? IMO it's not realistic to
> maintain separate versions of them.

Yes, for parsers we should handle C/C++/Objective C as dialects.
BTW: for parsers I would more prefer to use parser implementations from
wipeout or sourcenavigator . They contain tested and "bug free" parsers for
most languages such Java/C++/Cobol/C and so on. Walter, could we use it or
maybe your own new parser?

Ciao!
Sandy

--