Commited QtDesigner stuff

Reginald Stadlbauer reggie at trolltech.com
Tue Aug 15 15:17:21 UTC 2000

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just commited a few improvements related to Qt Designer:
>
> _ In CKDevelop::switchToFile(QString filename, bool bForceReload,bool
> bShowModifiedBox) I use KProcess to launch Qt Designer on .ui files.
>
> _ In CKDevInstall::slotAuto() I added Qt Designer as a tool, but it can
> appear only if the tools are reinstalled. By the way, do you know an
> easy way to reinstall only the tools ?
>
> _ In CKAppWizard::slotProcessExited() I added a new filter group for
> User Interface .ui files. This group is shown in the LFV and Qt Designer
> is launched when a ui file is clicked in the LFV.

Cool, I'm just checking the 1.0 branch aus.

> The problem now is that we must find a way to call the uic on the .ui
> files. Do you have an idea about how should the user do this ?
> Perhaps the best would be to modify the compile and build commands so
> that they automatically compiles the ui files if they have been modified
> ?

Yes, it really should be integrated in the build system (just like moc). But
didn't Ralph mention earlier, that he basically did that already. Also Coolo
is working on getting the uic stuff into the KDE buildsystem, but I have no
idea how close this goes together.

Anyway, the user should never need to call uic manually, it should be
automated like moc.

--
Reggie (reggie at trolltech.com)