kdevelop-1.1 bug

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Fri Apr 14 09:37:27 UTC 2000

Arun Sharma wrote:

> Core dump on doing a "Rebuild All" in a test application. The attached
> patch fixes the problem in the FreeBSD kdevelop-1.1 port.
>
>         -Arun

Hi Arun,

thx for the patch, but I don't understand it!!

The only thing I can see is that it is allocating the blind_widget on
the heap... instead of using it from the stack!

Why would this be a patch for freebsd?
Is there a problem on deallocate the widgets from a stack area?????

Apart from that, there is no deletion of these widgets and this means
that every saveAll causes an exhaustive allocation (of widgets ... for
every file which has changed... and the next time again and again and
again)

I think that isn't a solution... and could cause memory leaks!

Please try to examine where the problem resides (because I have no
freeBSD)

Bye

Walter
--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)