tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Fri Oct 15 15:52:29 UTC 1999
Sandy Meier wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 1999 you wrote:
> > Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> > >
> > As we won't come around switching sooner or later I would suggest we
> > commit all changes done until the end of this week and set the deadline
> > for switching for next monday morning. Until then the switch in KDE will
> > hopefully work. Any other ideas ?
> > Ralf
> I would prefer to stay with the current KDE version, otherwise we would also
> need to update to a (unstable?) Qt CVS version and have to recompile the
> complete KDE :-(. Yes, you are right we won't come around switching sooner or
> later but at the moment there are to many changes in the KDE HEAD, so I think we
> should wait some weeks until it's more stabilized.
> Just my 2 cents.
I think we should at least work with one stable version
of base GUI-classes, to bring KDevelop HEAD almost to a state like
I think after that the version/snapshot trouble of QT and KDE will
It takes really much of my time to bring my systems always up to the
current version of mico/QT/KDE before I can fix bugs on KDevelop HEAD.
So it would be nice to synchronize our efforts for KDevelop HEAD on a
certain snapshot of these base packages.
To do a first step ;-) I published a minimal version of KDE 2 on "my"
ftp mirror. I decided to use the snapshot of 1st Oct. 1999... maybe not
the best choice, but KDevelop HEAD is compilable (ok... kde2network is
from the 4th ... pure egoism to make kppp usable :-)).
If the decision goes in the other direction i`m also willing to change
ASAP all packages to the desired actual snapshot (still believing the
first way would be the right one for a while <g>)
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
:-------W. Tasin, FB 04,
<Key-Fingerprint: 1610 835F 0080 32F4 6140 6CF7 A7D0 44CD 7961A645>
More information about the KDevelop-devel