Fwd: Re: KDevelop

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Sun Oct 3 20:55:08 UTC 1999

On Sun, 03 Oct 1999 Ralf Nolden wrote:
>a wrote:

Sandy, have they 'redesigned' your name now? ;-)

>> Ok, as I understand it, most of us want to work on the current codebase and
>> don't want to write/design a new IDE in "coorperation" with a company.

Well, I think you should avoid the term 'not cooperate'. That only
looks negative. We're not under pressure to act, are we? Just state
our goals and priorities. If their goals are different froms ours,
nobody can blame us. Moreover, I think we should emphasize that each
and every part (including plugins and documentation) of KDevelop we
release will always be free, and consequently every program derived
from GPL'd code must be distributed under the same conditions.
I'm not sure whether they have understood that message ("It's not
clear at this  moment whether the plugins  will be open source or not").

>> If
>> everybody agree on this decision I will write an "offical" statement to Catalin
>> and to our mailinglist kdevelop at barney on tuesday.

Ok, but try to be more polite than me :-)

>> P.P.S. I didn't get an email from mosfet. The only mail I got was "Get paid to
>> work on KDevelop" but this was posted on kde-devel some weeks ago.
>That was the mail I also meant in my post as I read that as well and we
>discussed that on the last chat I was with in June or so;

Mmh, I got that posting on Aug 31...

Bernd