Fwd: Kdevelop 1.0b4.1 bug report

Sandy Meier smeier at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Nov 8 14:36:36 UTC 1999

Subject: Kdevelop 1.0b4.1 bug report
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 18:05:58 -0600
From: Andrew Huntwork <a-huntwork at uchicago.edu>

I just downloaded and installed kdevelop 1.0b4.1.  I have noticed two
bugs.

First, if I create a new project using the wizard, even if I choose not
to create any documentation, when I click create, I get a dialog box
that is titled "sgml2html and ksgml2html do not exist!".  The text of
the box says, "If you want to generate user-documentation, you need one
of these programs.  If you do not have one, the user-documentation will
not be generate."  Clearly, no such message you appear if I don't want
any documentation anyway.

Second, the first time I started kdevelop, I went into the
Options->Documentation Browser menu.  I didn't change anything, but when
I hit ok, a dialog box popped up that said "path not found" or something
like that."  When I hit in that box, it popped back up.  It continued in
this manner until I hit the cancel box in the menu window, then hit ok
in the dialog box.  Sorry, I don't remember exactly what the box said,
and I can't reproduce it any more, I think because I've installed some
documentation and changed the path's to the qt and kdelibs
documentation.  Clearly, the dialog box should pop up at most once per
press of the ok button.

I hope these reports help.  KDevelop is looking pretty awesome, and I
look forward to actually using it, as opposed to playing with it, which
is what I'm doing right now.  If you have any questions about these
reports, please feel free to email me.

--
Andrew Huntwork
a-huntwork at uchicago.edu