Fwd: kdlgloader install still a bit broken

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Tue Aug 3 17:22:27 UTC 1999

>When I made the 1.0beta1 RPM, I had to patch the kdlgloader/Makefile.in
>file to set DESTDIR = @install_root at .  I can't just run `make
>DESTDIR=<blah blah> install`, as it ens up screwing up other parts.

Are you using --with-install-root? That's obsolete and replaced
by the DESTDIR mechanism. If you set install_root, then most
certainly the AppWizard doesn't find the KDevelop directories.

So don't configure with --with-install-root and instead set
DESTDIR when installing. The Debian package uses it and it
works fine.

Bernd