Kmail crash: "Could not create collection outbox, resourceId 15"

Rainer Dorsch ml at bokomoko.de
Wed Jul 12 19:11:21 BST 2023

Hi,

I just got a kmail crash out of the blue with a message

"Could not create collection outbox, resourceId 15"

I updated a few weeks back to Debian 12, but apart from that I am not aware of
any updates.

I tried to run akonadictl fsck and got a similar result

[...]
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Error during insertion into table "CollectionTable"
"Duplicate entry '8-outbox' for key 'CollectionTable_parentAndNameIndex'
QMYSQL3: Der Befehl konnte nicht ausgeführt werden"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Failed to append Collection "outbox" in resource
"akonadi_maildir_resource_0"
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult
"Could not create collection outbox, resourceId 15"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Error while handling command CreateCollection on
connection akonadi_maildispatcher_agent (0x555c6ad0ccc0)
org.kde.pim.maildispatcher: Failed to get outbox folder. Giving up.
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed CollectionCreateJob. "Could not create
collection outbox, resourceId 15"

I am wondering if

https://userbase.kde.org/KMail/
FAQs_Hints_and_Tips#Clean_start_after_a_failed_migration

is still the correct way to fix this. Unfortunately, this implies to configure
all the accounts, identities, folders etc. again.

I am wondering why resetting the cached imap etc. data requires to reset all
user configuration data as well.

Many thanks
Rainer