Maximum server connections setting for Akonadi/KMail

Jure Repinc jlp at holodeck1.com
Sun Jul 9 17:28:40 BST 2023

Hi

Recently I started having some problems with Akonadi/KMail (I have version
23.04.3). I often (about each hour) get this error dialog in KMail saying that
authentication did not succeed and the server error message that is appended
is the following:

Login failed, server replied: A000002 NO Too many open connections ( 50 of 50
for jlp at holodeck1.com )

After I select Retry in the dialog and confirm the password it all sometimes
continues working fine, but sometimes I don't get any updates for new email
anymore and I have to restart Akonadi to get it detecting and fetching new
email again.

The Kolab Now tech support says that there is an Akonadi setting along the
lines of “Max number of cached server connections” that I should check and
lower if needed. But I can not find this setting anywhere.

Anyone knows anything about this setting or the problem? 50 open connections
appears quite high. Are some connections not getting closed? Is this a bug in
Akonadi I should report?

Thanks in advance
Jure Repinc