base-64 ignored

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri May 27 19:23:26 BST 2022

On Freitag, 27. Mai 2022 19:29:25 CEST gene heskett wrote:
> But base64 --decode file, outputs no errors, just the html for a web
> display which I finally did get FF to display.  However in displaying it,
> FF insists of adding another / to the 2 after the file: and an F5 will
> NOT redisplay it, but remove the extra / and hit return works.
>  And that had no errors that the latest FF thought were worth displaying.
>
> So I'm still bumfuzzled. Got to be a reason its not decoded and
> displayed.

Okay, then let's try to analyze this further. Do the following:
* Enable "Show Message Structure" in the Message menu.
* Find the base64 encoded body part that KMail doesn't display and select it.
What happens?
* Right-click on it and try the different actions (Save, Open, View, etc.).
What does the saved body part look like, i.e. is it empty or the base64-
encoded data or is it decoded?
* What Properties does KMail show for the body part?