KMail: Local folders duplicated/replaced after crash

Ian Douglas ian at zti.co.za
Mon May 23 07:55:55 BST 2022

On Friday, 20 May 2022 13:11:16 SAST Erik Quaeghebeur wrote:

>        ~/.local/share/akonadi_maildir_resource_2

Had similar happen to me three times... flipping between folders.

Why on earth it happens is beyond my logic.

I suspect the dir above is actually an akonadi cache ... are there 100
numbered folders?

Check folders like this: (note dots or not)

~/.local/share/.local-mail.directory/
~/.maildir/
~/.local/share/local-mail/

So I have old mails in various places. Which is not good, business-wise.

I am trying to summon tho courage to move mails all to the main folder
akonadi/kmail is treating as current, and then let akonadi rebuild its cache.
Reluctant to lose read/unread/replied status though.

Cheers, Ian

--
ian at zti.co.za http://www.zti.co.za
Zero 2 Infinity - The net.works