Ghost emails

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Thu May 19 17:27:25 BST 2022

On Thursday, 19 May 2022 10:03:36 EDT Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Thursday, 19 May 2022 13:58:46 BST gene heskett wrote:
> >
> > kmail version:
> > Version 5.15.3 (20.08.3)
> > debian version:
> > gene at coyote:~$ cat /etc/issue
> > Debian GNU/Linux 11 \n \l
> > libraries:
> > KDE Frameworks 5.78.0
> > Qt 5.15.2 (built against 5.15.2)
> > The xcb windowing system
> >
> > > 1.  This may work for you; it's what I used to do when deluged with
> > > duplicates.
> > >
> > > Stop KMail and run akonadiconsole.
> >
> > did that
> >
> > > Taking one folder at a time,
> >
> > local folders menu is empty.  imap folder is empty
> >
> > > right-click on it in the Browse window and delete its akonadi
> > > cache.
> >
> > How can I browse or right click when window is empty?
>
> I meant: open the Browse tab, and adjust its size,
The left panel can have the column header marker moved I find, but not
far enough to see it all. That panels right border seems to be fixed, but
I did on this pass find the 4 errant folders and deleted the akonadi-
cache
> and it will show you
> a list of folders. Your faulty folder will be one of those;
> right-click on it and select Clear Akonadi Cache. Then go on with the
> next steps.
I did that, per your message no change when kmail was restarted and the
folders selected. It looked to me like the cache had not been deleted, or
it was already rebuilt. akonadiserver was running as I could not delete
the cache until it was restarted. Thats acc the error message when I
tried.

> --->8
>
> > No action taken, so no change. Obviously theres something I'm
> > missing,
> > but what?
>
> I hope I've clarified that above.

I think you have on that detail, Peter. Whether the panel can be expanded
to show more than the unread count for the folder, is I think immaterial.
The unread count did not change when I tried to delete the cache, so I
think something else had a lock on it and it was not actually deleted. So
the question is what?

Thank you Peter, take care & stay well.

> --
> Regards,