Ghost emails

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue May 17 12:47:41 BST 2022

On Tuesday, 17 May 2022 03:14:33 EDT Ianseeks wrote:
> On Tuesday, 17 May 2022 08:07:35 BST Ian Douglas wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 17 May 2022 08:56:43 SAST Ianseeks wrote:
> > > Anyone have any clues?
> >
> > I think you already double-checked your filters?
> >
> > And all target folders exist?
> >
> > And appropriate "stop filtering if this matches" ?
> >
> > Cheers, Ian
>
> Yes, all the advanced settings are identical for all filters, all
> folders exist and all filters set to stop when matched.
>
> Its duplicating emails that where filtered on arrival and are already
> in the folder.
>
> thanks for the reply

This thread describes exactly what occurred here starting several weeks
ago. I stopped the duplicates by going into the imap account, and
enabling the option that deletes from the server, any message I delete
locally.

So the duplicates per imap scan stopped, but I still have 3 folders that
show as having unreads in the folder list, but which do not have any
unreads when when actually looking at that folder.

For that I was given instructs to stop kmail and use akonadi-console to
delete a file, but akonadi-console cannot find the filename to delete. It
may, or may not exist as I believe the instructions given were
incomplete.

In any event several reboots and kmail restarts later, the problem still
exists.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis