Bug reports for unified reminder daemon

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Fri May 13 11:28:10 BST 2022

On Friday, 13 May 2022 09:15:14 BST Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Freitag, 13. Mai 2022 09:57:43 CEST Ianseeks wrote:
> > >
> > > Users at kdepim-users are asking where to report bugs for the unified
> > > reminder daemon. After some looking, I found out that kalendarac now
> > > lives in akonadi- calendar, but there doesn't seem to be a bugzilla entry
> > > (product or component) for akonadi-calendar let alone for kalendarac.
> > >
> > > I would have filed a sysadmin request, but I don't know whether you'd
> > > prefer a separate product (which would make it more discoverable) or a
> > > component of an existing product.
> >
> > I'm confused about this "korganizer/reminder daemon(korgac)" and the
> > "unified reminder daemon" - how can i tell which one is operative in my
> > system?
>
> I think the easiest way is to check if there is a reminder daemon in the
> system tray next to the notifications "bell", the clipboard, the volume
> thingy, etc. If yes, then the old one is still operative in your system.
> Otherwise, the new one is probably operative.

yep, i've got that.

> To be absolute sure run
> ps aux | grep [k]orgac
> and
> ps aux | grep [k]alendarac
> in Konsole to find out whether korgac (and/)or kalendarac is running. If
> neither is running, then you may have to start korgac manually. I think
> currently kalendarac should always start automatically.
>
> > I've got bug 449597 against "korganizer/reminder daemon(korgac)" and i'm now
> > wondering if this bug is now lost down a black hole as i see it as a
> > serious bug for a reminder operation that doesn't remind you.
>
> To be honest, since korgac has been replaced in our latest release and thus
> has reached its end of life, and since our resources are very limited, it's
> likely that nobody will fix bugs in korgac anymore.

ok, thats fine especially if the new one works.  I'll have to check that the new one, when active, solves the problem i reported for korganizer.

Is there anything i have to do to trigger the "unified reminder daemon" over "korganizer/reminder daemon(korgac)" or will that just happen as updates appear?

> Regards,
> Ingo

Thanks for the reply.

regards

Ian

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20220502
Qt: 5.15.2 KDE Frameworks: 5.93.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.24.4 - kwin 5.24.4