Kmail no longer downloads on start up

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Tue May 3 07:30:35 BST 2022

On Monday, 2 May 2022 13:23:25 BST Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Montag, 2. Mai 2022 13:58:53 CEST Ianseeks wrote:
> > On Sunday, 1 May 2022 15:27:29 BST Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > > Note that you have to configure for each receiving account whether it
> > > should be checked at startup. Check the "Retrieval Options" of the
> > > accounts.
> >
> > I've not changed any settings for a long time so unless the update changed a
> > setting for me, it should work as usual
>
> Well, I seem to remember that in the past there was a global setting for the
> check at startup. Now it's a per-account setting. Or maybe it's a per-account
> setting since the advent of Akonadi.

I can't even find that in the settings, only "enable interval mail checking"

> Moreover, didn't you rename the akonadi folder and let it rebuild? Maybe the
> "check at startup" setting is off by default and rebuilding has reset it to
> off.

That might be an idea.  I've got another account on this machine that needs rebuilding as it has 15 "ghost" emails and its losing one filter every time i load kontact.

The only issue i've got with the rebuilding is that it screws up the settings config and you have to correct it all again.

> Regards,
> Ingo

Thanks for the help.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20220428
Qt: 5.15.2 KDE Frameworks: 5.93.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.24.4 - kwin 5.24.4