kde window manager is messing with what little mind I have left.

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon Mar 28 09:34:59 BST 2022

On Monday, 28 March 2022 03:16:07 EDT Erik Quaeghebeur wrote:
> > The problem is that I can have a message on screen, switch to a
> > different workspace to check something else, and when I switch back
> > to the KMail workspace, the message window is not restored to the
> > front, […]
> For me, the windows are shown as before.
>
> > Can this be fixed, so that when a workspace has been returned to,
> > everything that was displayed when I switched away, is restored to
> > exactly what was there when I switched away?
>
> This should be possible, as it is the behavior I see. Can you precisely
> describe the steps that result in the top window being non-top (or
> minimized?) when you return?

Sure, I have moved this message to where its border is visible to the
right of the kmail screen by about half a cm. This is workspace 12 on the
12 space setup. I have the latest appimage of openscad running on space
4, an mc to copy its results over the local net to the machine driving my
3d printer, and have a shelf I've designed open in openscad on space 4,
plus all the other machines I am logged into are one bats of a shell on
window 3. I'll go check on these.  I was gone for about 5 minutes, but
everything was normal when I came back to 12. A hotkey combo from a fat
fingered typo maybe? I do know that I can be typeing away in the
composer, look up at the screen and without me touching the mouse, I have
typed the last two sentences into the search box. What triggered that,
IDK. The regular find a message search is busted too, as if you want it
to search the complete folder, every message MUST be exposed in the list
space, if its not exposed there, search does scan it.

And I still haven't found where its stashing sent messages, which has
been random at every reboot or reinstall of bullseye which I've done
about 20 times thanks to having a couple fdti seriel adapter plugged it
so without my sayso, it itstalls brltty and orca. Kill those and you
cannot reboot, it hangs at about 10 seconds into post and you must
reinstall.  But since the last reboot about 3 weeks back, its not saveing
the messages I send anyplace I've found.  This last is really a PITA so
lets fix that first, where is it supposed to be saving the messages I
send?

I cannot find anyplace in the kmail configure menu's, where its even
specified.

> Best,
>
> Erik

Thanks Erik.