Gmail

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. boyd.stephen.smith.jr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 16:54:49 BST 2022

On Thursday, June 2, 2022 9:58:02 AM CDT Ian Douglas wrote:
> Is there a solution for Gmail?

I use an "IMAP E-Mail Server" resource for my account on my employer's Google
services GMail.

I use two "Google Groupware" for that account and my personal account for
Google Contacts and Calendar.

I have my personal GMail set to forward to a traditional IMAP server that I
maintain on a VPS, and then access forwarded and direct messages with a "IMAP
Email Server" resource.

The "Google Groupware" feels a bit flaky sometimes, but I think that's Google
being wonky.  Eventually the version in Debian Stable would no longer work --
couldn't add/remove/update contacts or events and updates done from other UIs
(web, Android, etc.) were either never fetched or never applied, despite the
resource not reporting any errors.  I switched to the version in Debian
Testing and it still only sort of works.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
Boyd.Stephen.Smith.Jr at GMail.com