Akonadi with PostgreSQL 14

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri Jul 29 09:53:23 BST 2022

Hi Michael, hello everyone.

One time CC, so you do not miss that response. Feel free to drop.

mh at mike.franken.de - 07.11.21, 18:35:48 CEST:
> > mh at mike.franken.de - 07.11.21, 13:41:50 CET:
[…]

> > > I tested with PSql 14, but had to revert to 13 due to a few
> > > problems.
> >
> > What problems? Would be good to know and probably report, so they
> > can be fixed.

> there wasn't a single problem, that could be described exactly.
> Akonadi was much slower than with PSQL 13. Kmail crashed more often
> than usual, especially when acting on really large folders.
> I wasn't sure, if the reason was PSQL 14 or a newer version of Kmail,
> so I reverted to PSQL 13. Because the problems went away then, I
> didn't take the time to step forward to PSQL 14 again to reproduce
> and report the problems.

Meanwhile I switched to PostgreSQL 14.

It works. As good or as bad as with PostgreSQL 13.

So all the issues with Akonadi are still there, but it also did not get
any worse or slower.

So running with PostgreSQL 14 now.

Best,
--