How to define a short-cut to focus on the message pane?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Jul 28 16:28:39 BST 2022

On Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2022 16:35:40 CEST Peter Humphrey wrote:
> As the subject says, I'd like to create a keyboard short-cut that would move
> the focus to the message pane. This is because I'm tired of pressing Home
> or End and having the wrong pane scroll.

I'm feeling your pain since I also sometimes stumble over this. Unfortunately,
I don't think there's a keyboard shortcut to move the focus to the message
pane. Using Tab multiple times also doesn't seem to work because at least for
me the focus gets stuck in the folder list. Funny enough, Shift+Tab can be
used to move the focus between the three main panes and the search field.

In my opinion, Home and End should always work on the message pane just as Up/
Down and PageUp/PageDown do. Try to submit a bug report for this. Maybe
Laurent will fix it.