Akonadi with SQLite3

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Mon Feb 21 15:35:17 GMT 2022

(I can skip CC if you like, just did so for initial post to a thread a
long time ago)

Erik Quaeghebeur - 21.02.22, 11:43:58 CET:
> > Erik, still faring good with SQLite3? Anyone else using it? What are
> > the experiences?
>
> The same as before: I have issues, but those all seem sync-related
> (dirty entries from time to time that can be painful if one doesn't
> clean them up quickly; I have akonadiconsole open all the time…).

I see.

> For the rest, it seems to do the job at least as well as MySQL did,
> but that is already some years ago now. For a 55000-message mailbox,
> it takes about 7 second to open in. (Why it takes that long is likely
> because KMail loads everything in there, and so searching/filtering
> then becomes essentially immediate.)

Yeah.

Well my first attempt on a setup with Akonadi EWS didn't go to well.

It said "database locked" in Akonadi.error or so. I may try it with my
private setup that does not use Akonadi EWS.

Or… I first migrate to PostgreSQL-14 and see what happens. When it breaks
I can still switch to SQLite3.

Let's see maybe someone else uses SQLite3.

I'd really prefer this as a standard backend.

But aside from this Akonadi still needs a lot of fixes. :(

Ciao,
--
Martin